Summer in the Madison area is a lot of fun. But it’s even more fun when bikes are involved! In no particular order, here’s a list of 11 things to do this summer on two wheels!
2. Valet your bike (for FREE) at Concerts on the Square and enjoy some vino with friends.
3. Visit one of the many city parks and have a bicycle picnic. We recommend Hoyt, James Madison or Yahara Place parks. If you’re not in the mood to pack your own picnic, stop by Fromagination or Underground Butcher to pick out some yummy to-go items.
4. Complete the tour de B-cycle!
5.Complete an S24O (sub 24 hour trip)! We’ve ridden to Token Creek and Governor Dodge for camping. Haul your items on a back rack or attach a bike trailer.
6. Roll over to one of Madison’s several disc golf courses. Capital Springs is the newest and accessible by the Cap City Trail near Fish Farm Park.
7. Ahoy matey! Make your way over to Wingra Boat Rentals for stand up paddle boarding, kayaking, or canoeing.
8. Explore the Badger State Trail (also lovingly known by the locals as the H8er). Stop in Paoli for ice cream or find Dot’s Tavern for some cold brews.
9. Imbibe some of Wisconsin’s best local beers by doing a brewery bike tour. Karben 4, Ale Asylum, One Barrel Brewing Company, Malt House, Great Dane, and Capital Brewery are our favorites.
10. Get away from it all at Pheasant Branch Conservancy. This hiking and biking route is popular on the weekends. We recommend going on a weeknight and getting up close to birds, deer, and other wildlife.
BONUS: Head to the famed Picnic Point or Memorial Union Terrace to catch a spectacular lake front sunset. You won’t regret it!